From the HBD Archive
From: eisen@kopf.HQ.Ileaf.COM (Carl West)
Subject: RE: Mistletoe
Date: 1992-03-18 16:33:54 GMT

Jay, are you having trouble with somebody? Mistletoe is _poisonous_.*
Deadly even. A few berries are sufficient to off a small child. There
is the slight chance that the process of fermentation might neutralize
the toxin, but, well I guess I'm not that sort of gambler.
Why do you want to ferment mistletoe anyway? The `aphrodisiac' properties
of mistletoe are not inherent in the plant, they are given to it
by tradition and depend upon placement, not ingestion.

Scary stuff.

Carl

*I find it amusing that Christmas is celebrated by decorating with
poisonous plants, holly, pointsettias, and mistletoe.


Back New Search

The posts that comprise the Homebrew Digest Searchable Archive remain the property of their authors.
This search system is copyright © 2008 Scott Alfter; all rights reserved.