Subject: Homebrew Digest #59 (January 26, 1989)
Date: 1989-01-27 17:30:33 GMT
Hello, my name is John and I'm very new to the fine art of Brewing.
Some friends and I made our first batch over Xmas and it came out
pretty good, at least as far as we can tell. We'd like to get a
little more ambitious with our next batch, mostly by actually making
the wort ourselfs. The kit we got came with the wort all made for us
and we'd like to more back a step in the process. We have some basic
questions I'd like to ask:
1) What is a good recipe for a dark beer? Not Guiness types, but
something lighter in taste.
2) What is a good place to order/get hops and associated beer making
paraphanelia? New York area is best, but any mail order place is good
3) Does using green bottles make THAT much of a difference? Or is it
pretty much up to us which to use?
4) How long should we age our beer? We let the first batch age three
weeks after bottling before we opened the first ones. The next bunch
from the batch get opened tonght, fours weeks after bottling.
Thanks for your help with these naive and VERY beginner questions.
Happy brewing! ;-)
Boy... what we have here is a failure to communicate!
- Warden of "Cool Hand Luke"
The posts that comprise the Homebrew Digest Searchable Archive remain the
property of their authors.
This search system is copyright © 2008 Scott Alfter; all rights reserved.