Subject: general notes and questions
Date: 1989-02-22 15:11:45 GMT
Just some comments after having read the group for a while....
1. Regarding Pale Ale bitterness: Here in Coral Gables/South Miami,
the Wine and Brew by You had a pale ale with rice syrup added, giving
extra alcohol content with less bitter aftertaste.
2. Regarding the six-month cider experiment: why six months? A good
cider can be had in just two days time, and that saves you six months
of waiting. Were you trying to make apple wine? 8-)
3. A question for y'all: Are there any outlets in Poughkeepsie, New
York? I bought a kit for a friend up there, but he hasn't had much
luck. I heard that mail order stuff isn't as 'fresh', so I would like
to have him make a good brew. Any suggestions?
4. Ditto for Puerto Rico. I figure that must have something local since
shipping must be costing brewers a mint. If so, I have someone interested
in a brewing kit. Should be fun.....
5. Regarding clarity versus taste: How much of a difference will there
be if I don't add beverage settler before bottling? I don't want to
waste a batch in experimentation. Will it taste like there is powder,
or other non-beer flavors, or will it just be the murkiness in the way
of a good looking brew?
Aaron Fager, University of Miami.
The posts that comprise the Homebrew Digest Searchable Archive remain the
property of their authors.
This search system is copyright © 2008 Scott Alfter; all rights reserved.