Subject: HB.DIG #201--breweries in Oregon
Date: 1989-07-14 15:16:25 GMT
In # 201, David Haberman asks:
>A friend of mine will be traveling through Northern California and Oregon and
>would like to know where the good brewpubs and breweries are to visit.
In Oregon, I would recommend the following breweries to visit:
1. The Widmer Brewery of Portland--most of my acquaintences agree this is
the best microbrewery in Oregon.
2. Bridgeport Brewery of Portland--also brews good ale.
3. The Old World Center of Corvallis--brewers of Oregon Trail Ale.
4. Full Sail--I think it's in Hood River. Feature Golden and Amber ale.
You may be interested in the taverns which feature microbrews:
1. The McMinneman Brothers taverns. The Greenway Pub, McMinneman's,
Cornelius Pass Roadhouse. These places feature many of the Northwest
brews and also international brews. Good food. Watch out for their
own brews, however. Terminator, for example. Just not up to the NW
quality of microbrews. They pretend to know what they are doing, but
it's mostly talk.
2. Squirrel's Tavern of Corvallis. Unquestionably one of the best
taverns on the West Coast. A jewel of taverns in the San Francisco
style. Features Northwest microbrews, Canadian Lagers, Henry's on tap.
Features good food, good music, and real live Oregon hill people.
Hope this helps.
[Florian Bell, Boonesborough, Oregon]
The posts that comprise the Homebrew Digest Searchable Archive remain the
property of their authors.
This search system is copyright © 2008 Scott Alfter; all rights reserved.